If you’re familiar with our Plant Alabama family, then you probably know and love Lamar Duke. Lamar has been serving as our Lead Church Planting Strategist for the last six years and has been doing tremendous work in this area.
We call this a family because that is what we are. We are brothers and sisters in Christ striving to see Christ’s name shared throughout our state. As a family, we support and encourage each other at all times; in the happy times and the troubling times.
Recently Lamar has been experiencing pain and a growth in his right thigh. The doctors did some tests and have discovered several growths known as a sarcoma that requires chemotherapy treatments. Lamar will be receiving chemo treatments over the next six months.
To be closer to family and better treatments during this time, Lamar and his wife Dolly have gone to New Jersey and are staying with his daughter and her family.
We know that many of you would love to send your prayers and words of encouragement to Lamar at this time, and we wanted to inform you of the best ways to do that. We also want to tell you some specific ways that you can pray for Lamar.
If you have his number and would like to text him, you may.
You can also email him at [email protected].
If you would rather send a letter or note of encouragement, you can send it to 467 Beech Ave. Galloway, NJ 08205.
It would be best not to call at this time.
Ways to Pray
- Lamar will be meeting with doctors on Wednesday and Thursday (10/2 & 10/3) to determine a plan of action. Pray for the doctors to have discernment about the best treatment plan for Lamar.
- Pray for Lamar to stay positive and encouraged as he fights this disease.
- Please pray for Lamar’s family as they go down this journey of treatment with him.
- Pray for the doctors who will be treating Lamar.
- Ultimately, pray that God will be glorified as Lamar and his family interact with people in the treatment center and walk this road.